The Acceptance Peach is a fun and sophisticated cocktail intended for awards parties, but it makes a great addition to any get-together. Easy to make, this great cocktail is inspired by all the usual favorite drinks, including the Cosmo and the Bellini. The peach nectar adds sweetness, countered by the crisp bite of the cran-raspberry juice.
The sanding sugar garnish offers a classy edge that makes this drink seem far more complicated than it really is. If you want to ensure perfect presentation, turn the rim of the glass in the sugar rather than dipping it straight in, as this prevents grains of sugar from falling into the glass.
- 1/2 ounce of vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces of peach nectar
- 1 ounce of cran-raspberry juice
- 3 ounces of sparkling wine, such as Piper-Heidsieck Champagne
- Red sanding sugar, for rim
- Rim the Champagne flute with red sugar.
- Combine chilled vodka, peach nectar, and cran-raspberry juice in the glass, stirring gently to combine.
- Top with sparkling wine.