The vodka you typically drink is most likely made from fermented grains such as wheat or rye. However, there are some vodkas that are made from something a little different – potatoes. Chopin potato vodka is one such an example, a premium 4-times distilled liquor made in small batches in Poland. Its said to have a creamy taste, with a hint of apple, and it pairs very well with champagne.
The mint and the lime juice bring out the apple notes in the vodka, making for a very fresh, ripe drink. This is certainly a sophisticated cocktail, and it’s perfect for any high-class evening with friends, family or colleagues.
- 3/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 3/4 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces of Chopin potato vodka
- Moet & Chandon Imperial Champagne
- In a cocktail shaker, gently muddle the sugar, mint and lime juice.
- Add vodka and ice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Top with a splash of Champagne.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.