The joy of spring is the same for all. After a long winter (especially a bad one) the sight of the sun, the sound of birds singing, and the absence of snow and rain, is truly a reason for celebration.
And celebrate you should, as spring doesn’t always stick around and can occur tentatively to start. So throw open a window – perhaps put a jumper on first – and make something special.
This Elderflower Champagne cocktail is just the thing. Perfect for toasting the start of spring. A marriage of sweet, tart, light and fizzy that tastes delicious.
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Brut champagne or dry sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 cup of elderflower liqueur, like St. Germain
- 1 (12-ounce) can of club soda or seltzer water, chilled
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In a large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients and stir.
- Add ice.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and scoop a few strawberries into each glass.