Slushies are a favorite of almost all kids, but the icy treats don’t have to stop when childhood ends. This frozen peach champagne has all the tantalizing sweetness you’ll remember from your younger days, with a wonderfully alcoholic twist.
This drink makes a great daytime drink, an ideal accompaniment for a light meal at an Easter, Christmas or New Year’s brunch. It’s just boozy enough to be worthwhile, but not so strong that you’ll shudder at the taste.
If you’re not a fan of peach, consider other sorbets for this drink – mango and strawberry work great, as do blended mixed berries.
Frozen Peach Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1/4 cup of sugar to rim glasses
- 1 pint of peach sorbet
- 2 shots of triple sec Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Chilled champagne or sparkling wine to fill blender, 1/3 bottle
- Raspberries and 4 springs of mint optional garnish
- Place a shallow bowl of water along side a shallow bowl with 1/4 cup sugar in it.
- Dip 4 cocktail glasses in water, then sugar to rim glass.
- Place 4 scoops peach sorbet in blender.
- Add 2 shots orange liqueur.
- Fill blender with Champagne to maximum fill line or up to 1-inch from top of blending pitcher.
- Place cover on blender tightly.
- Blend until smooth and pour into cocktail glasses, keeping an eye out not to wreck the pretty sugar rims.
- Garnish with a few raspberries and a sprig of mint and serve.