The Grapefruit Flirtini champagne cocktail is a tart twist on the original Flirtini of Sex & the City fame. With its pink hue and palate-tickling taste, this drink will be right at home at any girly gathering.
Where the original drink uses pineapple, this Flirtini uses a different citrus fruit – grapefruit. Grapefruit is an acquired taste for many, but regardless of whether you’d usually eat this fruit on it’s own, you’ll love it in this champagne-topped cocktail.
Tangy to start, with an underlying sweetness to follow, you’ll feel almost revitalized while sipping this drink. With the addition of cranberry and orange juice, you can even pretend you’re getting your recommended daily fruit intake!
Grapefruit Flirtini Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz of grapefruit vodka
- 2 oz of cranberry juice
- 2 oz of orange juice
- Champagne or sparkling wine to top
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice.
- Add a generous amount of ice, close the shaker, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid from the shaker evenly into 2 martini glasses, leaving room at the top for the champagne.
- Carefully pour the champagne/sparkling wine to fill to the top of the glass.
- Garnish your martini with an orange twist.