If you’re looking for a slightly special cocktail to celebrate a festive occasion, you can’t go wrong with this incredibly easy and refreshing kumquat champagne cocktail.
This is the ideal cocktail to make if you’re looking for that wow factor. Kumquats are so pretty that simply slicing the little fruits and dropping them into a glass has an instant effect.
This is a great cocktail for the festive period, and an ideal choice for New Years Eve in particular. The kumquat represents prosperity in the Chinese tradition, and supposedly anyone who eats kumquat during the new year will be insured good fortune, prosperity and happiness.
- 1 and 1/4 cup thinly sliced kumquats, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup grand marnier
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 750 ml bottle of chilled champagne (or other bubbly)
- In a small bowl muddle the first three ingredients together with the back of a spoon.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour two tablespoons of kumquat liqueur into champagne flutes and top with champagne.
- Garnish with sliced kumquats.
Article can be found by following search terms:
- Kumquat-Champagne Cocktails