Bellini cocktail is a classic of the cocktail world. Invented sometime between 1934 and 1948 by Guiseppe Cipriani, the drink is so named because the color was reminiscent of a toga in a 15th century painting by Giovanni Bellini.
The original Bellini is made with peach, but since its invention many variations have been created. This variation is one which uses peach, but takes it all a step further.
The frozen aspect of this drink makes it ideal for summer gatherings, and if larger batches are required for a party, the peach blend can be made in advance. Simply keep it frozen, then mix and top with champagne as your guests arrive.
Peach Bellini Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup champagne or prosecco
- Add the peaches, schnapps, sugar, and the ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among two champagne flutes.
- Top off each glass with champagne.
- Stir gently to combine if desired.
- Serve immediately.