This pleasant mix of pineapple and coconut has a great tropical, summer vibe; the tangy pineapple is just like the splash of the waves on the beach, while the coconut is smooth like the sand.
Unlike the multitude of coconut cocktails which use full-fat coconut milk, this one uses a coconut juice blend. This substitution gives the Pineapple Coconut Champagne Cocktail a lighter feel, enabling it to work as a standalone drink or as an accompaniment to a meal.
If you really want to bring out the freshness of this drink, consider squeezing your own pineapple juice.
- Pineapple juice
- Coconut juice blend
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Simple syrup
- Unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- Pour some simple syrup in a small bowl and the shredded coconut in another small bowl.
- Dip the top ¼ or so of your champagne glasses in the simple syrup and then in the shredded coconut making sure the rim is well coated. Set aside to dry a little
- Fill each champagne glass with 1 ½ ounces of EACH pineapple and coconut juices.
- Fill the rest of the way with the champagne or Prosecco.
- Serve immediately.
- Simple Syrup is a 1:1 sugar-water ratio syrup.
- To make, combine equal amounts in a sauce pan (e.g. 1 cup sugar one cup water) and then bring a simmer stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Chill completely in an air tight container until ready to use.
Article can be found by following search terms:
- coconut pineapple prosecco