Rose Wishes and Caviar Dreams is true fabulousness in a glass: a cocktail made up of a decadent and interesting combination of ingredients: gin, Aperol, lemon juice, orange bitters, mint, lemon verbena, basil and sparkling rose in a St.-Germain-rinsed glass. The decadence of champagne is topped only by the addition of Caviar, an optional garnish.
For those who are looking to spoil themselves or their friends with something truly special, this is the cocktail to choose. A perfect choice for the festive celebrations over Christmas and the New Year.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dashes orange bitters
- 2 to 3 leaves lemon verbena (plus an additional one for garnish)
- 2 to 3 mint leaves
- 1 basil leaf
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 2 to 3 ounces rose Champagne or dry sparkling rose
- Sturgeon caviar (optional garnish)
- STEP 1
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the gin, Aperol, simple syrup, lemon juice, orange bitters, mint, lemon verbena and basil.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- STEP 2
- In a separate chilled cocktail coupe or Champagne flute, add the one-half ounce St-Germain, rinse the glass with it and discard, leaving a small amount of St. Germain to coat the glass.
- STEP 3
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass and top with 2 to 3 ounces sparkling rose. Garnish with a large leaf of lemon verbena draped over the glass; as an option, spoon a small amount of sturgeon caviar on top of the leaf.