Sorbet Champagne Cocktails are the grown up, more sophisticated, version of the ice cream sodas or ‘floats’ you probably enjoyed frequently in childhood.
This can be made using any sorbet, but the dark berry variations produce lovely intense hues. When the sorbet and champagne are mixed, the two separate, creating a two-toned effect for a drink that looks far more complex than it really is.
The result is a cocktail that looks as good as it tastes. This is a perfect cocktail for hot summer evenings with friends, and it’s so easy to produce that your time can be spent entertaining your happy guests.
Sorbet Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- Champagne of your choice I tend to like the sweeter ones for this cocktail; you can also use sparkling wines or wine spritzers
- Sorbet of your choice the darker color ones will show a more distinct two tone color
- Pour champagne into glasses.
- Shortly before serving, add a scoop of sorbet into each glass.
- The sorbet will begin to melt and eventually will separate to two layers.