If you’re looking to bring a drop of French prestige to your next cocktail party, look no further than the delightful Strawberry Kir Royale.
This twist on the typical Kir Royale (which is, in itself, a twist on Kir, a white wine apéritif) includes strawberry liqueur in the pace of the usual crème de cassis, a raspberry liqueur, with basil added for extra sophistication.
May is National Strawberry Month in the United States, and the fruit will be in season, so this is an unmissable treat if you’re planning a start-of-summer or May Day party. The red color will make it the highlight of any function.
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry liqueur
- 6 ounces of dry Champagne, chilled
- 1 strawberry, freshly sliced
- 1 basil leaf
- Add strawberry liqueur and Champagne to a glass.
- Garnish with the sliced strawberry and basil leaf.