While Lemon and Rosé might not be an obvious combination, here they come together in a deliciously zingy pink cocktail. While some may find this drink a little on the sweet side, rest assured that if you sip slowly, the ice will dilute the sugary flavour as it melts.
The mint garnish gives a floral appearance to the drink, making it perfect for springtime. One obvious placement for this cocktail would be at an Easter brunch, but the look of this drink also lends itself well to an East-Asian meal; it would make a perfect after-dinner accompaniment to a Thai curry or Korean soup.
Lemon Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 1/2 cups of vanilla-flavored or plain vodka
- 750 ml of rosé champagne chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lemon-champagne-cocktail-recipe.html?oc=linkback
- In a pitcher, combine the lemonade and vodka.
- Slowly stir in the champagne.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.
- To make vanilla-flavored vodka, place 3 whole vanilla beans in a 750 ml bottle of plain vodka.
- Place the bottle in a cool dark place for at least 10 days to allow the vanilla to infuse the vodka.
- Open the bottle occasionally during the infusion time.