The Mustique Cocktail, which shares it’s name with the tiny private island in the Caribbean, offers a true taste of paradise in a glass. With the additions of grenadine ( another ingredient with a Caribbean namesake) and fruit, this is like liquid sunshine.
Doesn’t it make you want to strip down and lay by the pool with your favorite book? Alas, for many of us this isn’t an immediate option – but never fear: this cocktail is.
This is a light and refreshing drink with a more acceptable alcohol level than some cocktails. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a summer afternoon picnic, or any other time you need an injection of sunshine in your life.
Mustique Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 measure 1.5 tablespoons light rum
- 1 measure 1.5 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ measure 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ measure 1 teaspoon grenadine
- Shake all but the last ingredient with ice.
- Strain into a large wine glass.
- Top with fizz, and garnish with a half-slice of lemon.