This lovely cocktail is made using the Fuyu Persimmon fruit.
The seasonal orange fruit, native to East Asia, is rich in vitamin A, potassium, magnesium and fiber.
They also contain shibuol and betulinic acid, which have anti-cancerous properties.
Persimmon are in season during fall and winter, and they add a mild sweetness and wintry feel to a champagne cocktail.
With the beneficial properties of this fruit, what excuse is there?
I think this would be an ideal cocktail for festive occasions that fall during this fruit’s seasonal months; Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve spring to mind.
Persimmon Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ounce Orange liqueur Schiffer uses Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce Persimmon syrup
- 1/4 ounce Fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces Dry Champagne
- Small sprig of rosemary for garnish
- 1 Cranberry for garnish
Persimmon syrup recipe
- 1 Ripe Fuyu persimmon cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Water
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 Sprig rosemary
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the orange liqueur, persimmon syrup and lemon juice.
- Shake and strain into a Champagne flute or saucer.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a cranberry.