This lovely Rhubarb and Rum cocktail is a perfect Friday night tipple and a great way to start your weekend in style.
The recipe uses frozen rhubarb. This is ideal if you’re a keen gardener and have frozen some home-grown crops; alternatively, most supermarkets stock frozen rhubarb that will work just fine.
The rhubarb compote is very easy to make, and adds a lovely hint of pink to the drink, in addition to a delightful sweetness. It is very yummy, and great to stay in with, as well as a wonderful concoction for special guests.
[cmamad id=”2834″ align=”center” tabid=”display-desktop” mobid=”display-desktop”]
Rhubarb and Rum Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 3 cups of chopped frozen or fresh rhubarb
- ½ oz of white rum for each drink
- 4 oz of champagne or sparkling dry wine for each drink
- Boil compote ingredients together until soft and mash smooth.
- Let cool.
- Fill glass with ice, add 2 T compote, top with rum and finish with champagne or sparkling wine.