As far as flavour combinations go, it doesn’t get much better than this. Strawberries and champagne are so well matched that it’s a marriage that could only have been forged by the gods.
The Strawberry Bellini takes that marriage to a whole new level, blending the strawberries into the champagne to create at synergistic union that could easily be described as heavenly.
This heavenly mix is a wonderful choice for a special Valentines celebration, and also works brilliantly for summer evening gatherings. This is a fresh and sweet cocktail, easy to produce, yet so delicious that your guests will leave smiling.
Rossini - Strawberry Bellini Cocktail Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries stemmed, plus 8 long-stemmed strawberries, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup recipe follows
- 1 bottle Champagne
- 2 parts sugar
- 2 parts water
- Place strawberries and simple syrup into a blender.
- Strain strawberry mixture.
- Pour into glasses and top with Champagne.
- Garnish each with a long-stemmed strawberry.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Simmer until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.